Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Guy Wolff Pottery










We took a road trip to the neighboring town of Bantam outside of Litchfield Ct yesterday to see Guy Wolff at his studio. He was kind enough to throw a piece for us and the delight of my two little girls. It amazes me how fast a master like Guy can turn a lump of clay into a work of art. The piece shown took him all of 5 minutes to throw. Of course we bought 2 new piece of his 2010 collection, one of which has already been planted with a beautiful pink Hydrangea.

Guy was every bit as cordial and interesting as I expected. He showed us his wife's famous garden that was featured in Better Homes and Gardens which is a quintessential New England Garden. And we shared stories of our celebrity clients and business tid bits. I think I want to be his friend, very cool guy.

1 comment: