Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

How much do Music Artists Earn Online?


This is a really good question. It's probably impossible to accurately know but here is a fairly close graph I found on Mashable this morning. I for one download lots of music from itunes but I will admit, I am forever being tempted to move to cheaper formats. After getting a visual on how much Artist actually make, I'm thinking twice. Artist have to sell 1,229 songs on itunes just to earn a minimum wage versus 4,549,020 songs on Spotify. If things keep going down this path we will be forced to listen to pimle faced teen boys that play 3 cords.

The graph does not include royalties, here is a Google Doc that shows the full spreadsheet.

I have been enjoying Mashable.com and learning what I should be learning to keep my company and myself evolving, a site dedicated to keeping the world abreast of Social Media matters. I highly recommend that you become a fan on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment