Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Wood Boxes for Manzanita




There are a lot of people starting to use Manzanita Branch for table centerpieces. I cringe when I read post that advise submerging the base of the branch in Plaster of Paris. Although it works, trying to store the piece is cumbersome . We have been heavy on this trend for 3 years now and have tried it all. Several years ago I started making wood boxes for this very purpose. Nice thing about my boxes is that it takes only one 3 inch lag bolt to fasten the branch to the box. Very secure, nice thing is that you can remove the branches and store much easier until the next event.

My boxes have evolved since the first production. I have learned to stagger the shelf so that the box can be used to insert wet foam at just the right height on one side, turn the box over and you have a shallow shelf for laying stones, gems, whatever you choose without having to fill more then a half an inch layer. Not only does the box serve as a great mount for Manzanita, the box will hold any tall glass vase you have, sturdy and strong, they make a great solid surface for heavy water filled vases.

I make 3 sizes, 6", 12", and 15" square. They are 4 1/2 inches tall. I will paint them with primer and the color of latex enamel of your choosing. My favorite is Heirloom White that I age and distress, beautiful box when combined with sand blasted Manzanita. The 15" box has an optional wood cover available, great for elevating.

If interested, call me for pricing, usually ships in two weeks.
703.370.2525 for DC Metro
860.413.9266 for NY and New England

No comments:

Post a Comment